The legal share of the cannabis market is increasing

Author:

Category:

spot_img
dispensary sign, medical

Retail sales of marijuana in the United States are expected to reach $ 43 billion a year by 2025, according to an economic analysis by New Frontier Data. The traditional underground market represents a similar or potentially greater amount of wealth.

Legal marijuana sales have risen to historic levels in recent months, reaching nearly $ 6 billion in the first quarter of this year. Retail sales are expected to increase in the coming months as additional states – such as New Jersey and New York – begin licensing cannabis retailers.

New Frontier Data’s analysis estimates that by 2025, “42% of total annual cannabis demand in the United States will be met through legal purchases in regulated markets.” Much of the underground market is the result of bans on legal sales. For example, local authorities in California, the largest national cannabis market, have banned legal sales in about 70 percent of the state,

Of the projected annual sales of $ 43 billion in 2025, analysts estimate that approximately 62% of transactions will involve purchases for adults, while the remaining 38% will be sales of medical cannabis.

For more information see the information sheet NORML ‘Marijuana Regulation: Impact on health, safety, economy.

Read More

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here